Dr. Freakuency and his lab assistant Bunsen are in need of some young scientists to examine the science of sound. Step into the orchestral laboratory as they explore the aspects of sound production in music.
Audiences will employ the Scientific Method as they investigate scientific and musical concepts including sound waves, frequency and pitch, amplitude and dynamics, and more. This highly interactive show will have your students observing, hypothesizing, learning and laughing like never before!
Dr. Freakuency's Sound Lab features classic and modern orchestral favorites.
Dr. Freakuency's Sound Lab is designed for audiences in grades 6 - 8.
In their experiments to uncover the secrets of symphonic sound, students will learn about the Scientific Method, musical concepts -- including pitch, dynamics, and timbre -- and scientific concepts about sound wave mechanics, frequency and amplitude. Featuring music by Beethoven, Rossini, and Rimsky-Korsakov, the program uses classical music to enhance the understanding and interconnectedness of musical and scientific concepts.
Dr. Freakuency's Sound Lab engagements include:
- A customized educator packet highlighting the specific state standards fulfilled by this program.
- A repertoire and pre-show teaching guide including musical excerpts.
Promotional Video from Nashville Symphony
Customized Options For Your Orchestra
- Instrumentation: Available in both full or reduced orchestra editions
*3*3*3*3 - 4331 T4 hp pf str
2121 - 2221 T2 str
- Performers: This show travels with conductor plus one actor/singer.
- Ages: This show is available for audiences in 6th-8th grade.
- Also available in Spanish!